WHEREAS, the Board of Commissioners of the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District is the management body and a key advisory body for the governor on all matters related to the Louisiana Superdome and/or all other properties belonging to, or under the control of, the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District; and
WHEREAS, the Commission will benefit during its evaluation and decision-making process from the participation of members of the Board of Commissioners of the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District and the Board, in turn, will benefit from direct participation in the deliberations of the Commission;
NOW THEREFORE, I, M.J. "MIKE" FOSTER, JR., Governor of the state of Louisiana, by virtue of the authority vested by the Constitution and laws of the state of Louisiana, do hereby order and direct as follows:
SECTION 1: Section 3 of Executive Order No. MJF 2001-28, issued on July 25, 2001, is amended to provide as follows:
The Commission shall be composed of fifty-five (55) members. All non-ex-officio members shall serve at the pleasure of the governor.
A. fifty-two (52) voting members selected as follows:
1. ten (10) members of the Louisiana Legislature, selected from the greater New Orleans area;
2. three (3) members of the Louisiana Legislature, selected from the state of Louisiana at large;
3. the mayor of the city of New Orleans, or the mayor's designee;
4. the president of the parish of Jefferson, or the president's designee;
5. two (2) members of the New Orleans City Council; and
6. thirty-five (35) notable citizens of the state of Louisiana, predominately selected from the greater New Orleans area, who have significant academic and/or professional expertise in one (1) or more of the following areas:B. Three (3) non-voting members selected from the membership of the Board of Commissioners of the Louisiana Stadium and Exposition District.
SECTION 2: All other sections, subsections, and/or paragraphs of Executive Order No. MJF 2001-28 shall remain in full force and effect.
SECTION 3: This Order is effective upon signature and shall continue in effect until amended, modified, terminated, or rescinded by the governor, or terminated by operation of law.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, I have set my hand officially and caused to be affixed the Great Seal of Louisiana, at the Capitol, in the city of Baton Rouge, on this 21st day of August, 2001.
M.J. "Mike" Foster, Jr.
Secretary of State