The Database Administration unit supports the SQL Server, Oracle and DB2 LUW RDBMS database platforms[, as well as legacy Domino and Mapper databases].
This unit performs database-related tasks, including the following:
- Database software installation and maintenance (new versions, service & fix packs).
- Review/assist in the planning and execution of data migrations between environments.
- Security administrator assigns individual user-ids to group-ids. This includes a review of the application security plan to ensure the appropriate precautions are taken to protect the application and data.
- Monitor performance at the database server/instance level.
- Advise and assist OTS/APPDM in the effective use of advanced database features, providing expert assistance when needed.