Storage Administration has two teams. The SAN/NAS team provides storage for applications and/or databases servers, agencies' archived data, and file shares and home directories for state users. The Backup and Recovery team provides backup and recovery services for servers, databases, archived data, file shares, and home directories.
- Builds and deploys various storage environments in support of server applications
- Plans, designs and performance-tunes storage environments (SAN/NAS/Direct attached) to maintain data quality and availability
- Oversees the day-to-day delivery of storage and backup services including technical operations of storage devices, data replication using storage software, and routine health checks
- Ensures that service levels and compliance are maintained
- Monitors all operational parameters done onsite or remotely with tools that provide utilization, performance and availability reports