Strategy, Planning, and Administration
Policy and Standards
- Information Security Management
- Establishes and maintains a vision, strategy, and program that enables the State’s physical and data assets to be adequately protected.
- Directs staff in identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining policies and processes to reduce risks.
- Anticipates, responds to, monitors and develops mitigation procedures for enterprise security incidents.
- Data Management
- Oversees the "business side" of the State’s information assets.
- Focuses on establishing and ensuring adherence to a framework for data governance policies, standards, and practices.
- Formulates near-term and long-range strategies for sharing data across the enterprise and between agencies.
- Defines required level of data consistency and quality to meet business needs.
- Technology Management
- Defines the IT architecture to align key technologies with the mission and priorities of the State.
- Leads all aspects of developing and implementing a comprehensive technology strategy.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to reduce overall IT costs, share IT services, and improve effectiveness of State operations through IT development of architectural solutions and promulgation of technology standards.
- Promotes technology innovation in support of the State’s business needs.
- Planning & Analysis
- Provides structure, guidance and delivery of multi-year IT strategic plan, integrates planning with governance activities.
- Information Security
- InfoSec Team members will serve as Information Security Officers and subject matter experts for specific restricted data types, as well as assist and support State Agencies in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Information Security Program.
- InfoSec Engineers will serve as subject matter experts in a wide array of technology areas and assist operational OTS areas in the development, implementation, and management of Information Security related activities.
Support the four IT governance boards that will be formed:
- Enterprise IT Services Board
- Enterprise Technology Governance Board
- Enterprise Data Governance Board
- Information Security Governance Board