AIRFARE CANCELLATIONS AND UNUSED TICKET USE:
LUGGAGE ALLOWANCES (Receipts Required)
- A Department Head or his designee may approve reimbursement to a traveler for airline charges for first checked bag for a business trip of 5 days or less and for a second checked bag for a 6 - 10 day business trip and/or any additional baggage which is business related and required by the department. The traveler must present a receipt to substantiate these charges.
- Travelers will be reimbursed for excess baggage charges (overweight baggage) only in the following circumstances:
- When traveling with heavy or bulky materials or equipment necessary for business.
- The excess baggage consists of organization records or property.
- Airline Checked Baggage Fees
Airline baggage fees have recently changed. Notably, American Airlines and United Airlines have established fees for the first checked bag for domestic, economy travel. Please be aware that all policies are subject to change at any time. Travelers should refer to the carrier web site prior to travel to ensure awareness of any changes. If you have any questions about this information, please contact your Short's representative.
- Alexander Airport
- Baton Rouge Airport
- Lafayette Regional Airport
- Lake Charles Regional Airport
- Monroe Airport
- New Orleans Airport
- Shreveport Airport
- CDC - Health Travel Tips
- Flight Information, Major Airports
- Transportation Security Administration - TSA
- Time Zone Information
- Travel Alerts - U. S. Customs
- U. S. Citizens Foreign Entry Requirements
- Visa, Worldwide Foreign Entry Requirements
- American Airlines
- Continental Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Jet Blue Airlines
- Northwest Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- US Airways Airlines
Unaccompanied Minor Airline Policies: